welcome to my blog

Hello ,

hope you are doing good .

It feels nice to know that you are taking some time out to read my blog .

thanks

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Ask me to Sing and I' ll ....Croak

21st October: A day to go into the History Book of my Life.

Reason: First Outing with my new Colleagues- Team Event

It started out on a sadistic note when the organizers announced that we wouldn't be going and we sure were disheartened but all that faded the moment we got into the bus that was supposed to take us to our destination.

I felt the extra energy that was hiding in me rush back in matter of moments. All the energy i was saving up for a good few months, i think i spent in matter of hours last evening. We played Paintball- something i 've always wanted to do. Amazing Race - something i have helped organize and thus lost out on participating in. So i was Happy and THEN all of a sudden - we were offered a GOLA treat.... Music to my ears.... More Smiles :) :)

Finally, we got to the place where dinner was organised and all of us Newbies were asked to SING. I was shocked! Sing? Did i hear that right? Eekz... i shrieked out loud inside my soul. Why would anyone want to hear me sing, i mean seriously. Then on i was conscious of every move i made, every letter i uttered.This is what happens to me everytime i go to parties or weddings or social gatherings. People ask you to entertain them and all of a sudden you become so aware of everyone staring at you that it just makes you very very uncomfortable for that time, till they divert their attention to another uninitiated.Has happened with me every single time but turn on the music in the car or have the music playing and you will catch me singing along every time without even paying much attention to who is around.

So for that moment I even tried to hide below the table but to no avail because the moment someone asks you to sing - you tend to forget that you know any songs at all. Trust me, i thought i would get it done with and not make too much of a fuss but i couldn't remember ONE song, it was as if all the songs just faded from my memory. Those that i listen to often as well. Then they started Antakshari - where i was put in an All Mens team - barring me of course. It was good fun and suddenly a letter came to our team to sing with and since i knew it - i started and midway i realised i was the only one singing... i mean Croaking. I am not good at many things. Singing is one of those.

THE END

No comments: